healthy spirulina coconut granola
Is there any better breakfast than a sweet and healthy granola with some yogurt and fresh fruits? I don't think so. This granola is the perfect combination of nuts, coconut and spirulina.
As a base i used a mix of oats and puffed millet. You can of course vary in all the ingredients. As a sweetener i used dates and almond butter instead of oil. You can substitute the dates and almond butter with coconut oil. In this recipe i used pistacchios and macadamia nuts. If you don't have these nuts you can use other nuts like almonds or pecans.
• 1 cup oats
• 1/2 cup puffed millet
• 1/2 cup chopped dates
• 1/2 cup pistacchio and macadamia mixture
• 1/2 cup coconut chips, coconut flakes
• 1 tbsp cinnamon
• 1 tbsp blue spirulina powder
• pinch of salt
• 1/2 cup soft dates
• 1/4 cup almond butter
• 1,5 tbsp water
1. Soak the dates from 2) in hot water for at least 1 hour, or until soft. You can also put them into boiling water for 15 minutes.
2. Drain your dates and put all the ingredients from 2) into your food processor and process until you have a thick paste.
3. Chop the nuts and put all the ingredients from 1) into your mixing bowl.
4. Preheat your oven to 150 Degree Celcius.
5. With a big spoon combine your almond butter - date mixture with the mixture in your mixing bowl.
6. Line a baking sheet with baking paper and pour your granola all over the baking sheet, pressing down evenly.
7. Bake at 150 Degree Celcius for a total of 30 minutes. After 15 minutes you have to take your granola out of the oven, stirring everything to flip the granola, press it down again and bake for another 15 minutes.
8. Let it cool completely before breaking your granola into chunks. This is important to let your granola get crispy!